Open Access Subscription or Fee AccessTotal views : 60
Employment and Economic Potential of State Owned Chir Pine forests in Himachal Pradesh
The article highlights that despite wide ranging condemnation, the chir pine forests in Himachal Pradesh contribute significantly to the state exchequer and to the rural economy. In brief, the afforestation activities generated 821.64 lakh man days between 1950-51 to 2013-14. The Government owned chir pine forests contribute `486.65 lakh per year to the State as royalty of trees harvested and `654.39 lakh on account of royalty of resin blazes. The annual value of timber traded by the State Forest Development Corporation is `1482.81 lakh and the annual sale value of rosin and turpentine is ` 3578.33 lakh. The value of fuelwood from chirpine forests was estimated to be ` 6952.44 lakh annually. The timber harvesting operations generate 24.52 lakh man days annually for the local people in the State. The extraction of resin also generate on an average about 4.57 lakh man days. Annually about 2538 times, the transport vehicle of 15 cum capacity are put into service to carry the timber to the sale points.
Plantations, Chir Pine, Timber, Harvesting Operations, Resin, Rosin, Employment.
- Champion H.G. and Seth S.K. (1968). A revised survey of forest types of India.Manager of Publications, Delhi.
- HP Forest Department (1979-80 to 2013-14). Annual Plantation Brochures.
- HP Forest Department (2013). Working Plans of Kotgarh, Chopal, Una, Kunihar, Rohroo and Karsog Forest Divisions.
- HP Forest Department (1966,1967,1969,1972,1974 and1976). Forest Statistics.
- HP Forest Department (1980,1982,1986,1990,1996, 2000 and 2005). HP Forest Statistics.
- HP Forest Department (1974 to 2008). Himachal Forests.
- HP Forest Department (2010 and 2013). Himachal Forests Statistics.
- HP Government (2012). Notification no FIN-(PR) B(7)-33/2010 dated 25-08-2012.
- HP State Forest Development Corporation Ltd. (2000-01 to 2014-15). Monthly Progress Reports of Rosin and Turpentine factories.
- HP State Forest Development Corporation Ltd (1995-96 to 2014-15). Annual datasheet of lowlying lots compiled at hqtr.
- HP State Forest Development Corporation Ltd (1995-96 to 2015-16). Compiled verified lists of resin blazes for royalty purpose.
- HP State Forest Development Corporation Ltd (2001-02 to 2014-15). to 2014-15) Annual weighted average sale rate of sale depots.
- HP State Forest Development Corporation Ltd order (2014). No. HPSFC/Wks/ Supply-116/XIII/16504-37 Dated: 12/9/2014
- HP State Forest Development Corporation Ltd. (2014 to 2016).Receipt and dispatch register, Himkasht Sale Depot, Baddi and Dhanotu.
- Troup R.S. (1921). The Silviculture of Indian Trees. FRI and Colleges, Dehradun.
- Verma M. (2000). Economic Valuation of Forests of Himachal Pradesh.
- There are currently no refbacks.